Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Disney Art Challenge

I'm really big into Disney movies, I especially love the live action ones. My favorites right now are Read It and Weep and The Teen Beach Movie, and my animated favorites are Pocahontas and Dumbo. I thought as something to get the mind going I could do a little challenge, it may be a little early but I just want to loosen up and have a bit of fun. I mean that's what art really is about, fun!

Here's the break down, pick any one, or a few, of your favorite Disney characters. You could pick your favorite princesses, animals, or live action characters. Think of how you would describe them, jot down a few good points, try not to be too exact.

Example:
Pocahontas 
  • Native American
  • Long black hair
  • blue and white shell necklace
  • red arm tattoo
  • short deer skin dress
It doesn't even have to be that long of a list or that precise, imagine a character all your own. Why not add a few things that you think they should have that they weren't originally drawn with, like with Pocahontas you could draw her with feathers in her hair or moccasins. The important thing is for your finished drawing to have enough of the same characteristics so that you can tell who it is. Make this your own, your style, your own colors, the way you would imagine them looking.

When you're done, you can e-mail your picture if you want me to post it in my art gallery :) I'd love to see what you come up with. I'm going to post my finished picture soon as well, promise.

Send your finished pictures to:
amiarsenic@gmail.com
Subject: Disney Character Drawing

Good Luck! And remember, have fun <3

No comments:

Post a Comment